Walsingham's Class Page!
Our class teachers are
Mrs D.Parry and Mrs E.Alton
Mrs Parry teaches us on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday morning.
Mrs Alton teaches us on Wednesday afternoon, Thursday and Friday.
Mrs Gregory, Mr Shaefer and Mrs Oates help us to learn too!
- Spellings are given out on Mondays to be tested the following Monday.
- Changing home reading books will become the children's responsibility and there will be time allocated for this each day.
- P.E. lessons are on Tuesday afternoon (dance in the hall) and Wednesday afternoon (outdoor games). Please ensure that children have their indoor and outdoor P.E. kits in school at all times. The children also have the opportunity to join the Paceball club - held on Monday lunchtime, at 12.20 on the school field.
- Swimming lessons will start in the Spring Term.
- Maths homework will be set on Friday. It will often include an online homework - for which the children will require their Active Learn username and password.
We have a class Twitter account - if you are a parent of a child in Walsingham class, please follow us so that you can see the exciting things that happen in our class!
What are we learning this term?
Our R.E. topics for the Autumn term are: Home and Families, Signs and Symbols, Visitors and Judaism.
Our English topics for the first half of the Autumn term are: Poetry and Traditional Tales.
We will be following the new Abacus scheme of work. More information will follow!
Our Science topics for the Autumn term are: Force and Magnets, Humans including Animals.
During the first half of the Autumn term, we will be studying our local area... Belper!