Walsingham's Class Page!
Our class teachers are
Mrs D.Parry and Mrs E.Alton
Mrs Parry teaches us on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday morning.
Mrs Alton teaches us on Wednesday afternoon, Thursday and Friday.
Mrs Gregory, Mrs Oates and Mrs Cooke help us to learn too!
- Spellings are given out on Mondays to be tested the following Monday.
- Changing home reading books will eventually become the children's responsibility, but Mrs Gregory will help the children each week at first. We will check each child's reading record every week.
- P.E. lessons are on Tuesday afternoon (football with a trained coach!) and on Friday afternoon (hockey). Please ensure that children have their outdoor P.E. kits in school at all times. The children also have the opportunity to join the Paceball club - held on Monday lunchtime, at 12.20 on the school field.
- Swimming lessons will start in the Spring Term.
- Maths homework will often include an online homework - for which the children will require their Active Learn username and password.
We have a class Twitter account - if you are a parent of a child in Walsingham class, please follow us so that you can see the exciting things that happen in our class!
What are we learning this term?
Our R.E. topics for the Autumn term are: Home and Families, Signs and Symbols, Visitors and Judaism.
Our English topics for the Autumn term are: Poetry and Information Texts, Recounts and Read & Respond to the story 'Scavenger Boy'.
We will be following the new Abacus scheme of work.
Our Science topics for the Autumn term are: Rock and Soils and Force and Magnets.
During the first half of the Autumn term, we will be studying our local area... Belper!
We are working with the coding programme 'Scratch'.